…longer than a blog entry
This article is printer friendly.
- Date Stamp:
- 31 December 2006
- Permanent Link
An extension for ExpressionEngine which sets a cookie storing the username when a member logs in. This cookie can be used by the Mint pepper Secret Crush to show the pages viewed by logged in users.
Mint Cookie Tag (v1.0.1 for EE 1.x)
- Download the zip file above.
- Upload the file named “ext.mint_cookie_tag.php” to the /system/extensions/ folder.
- Upload the file named “lang.mint_cookie_tag.php” to the /system/language/english/ folder.
- In the ExpressionEngine Control Panel, go to Admin → Utilities → Extensions Manager, enable the extension and change the Cookie Name Suffix under Settings if necessary. The actual Cookie Name will be prefixed by “exp_”.
- In the Preferences for Mint, for the Nametags Pepper set Tag cookie name to the Cookie Name (with prefix “exp_”) used in Step 4 (see also image below).
In the ExpressionEngine Extensions Manager, the only setting for this extension is the Cookie Name Suffix. The default suffix is “mint_nametag”.
The actual cookie that will be create will have the added prefix “exp_”.
The Cookie Name is also entered into the Mint Preferences for the Nametags Pepper in the field “Tag cookie name”. If using the default suffix, you would enter “exp_mint_nametag”.
EE Forum Thread
- v1.0.1 Changed to use the extension hook “sessions_end”. This means that each time ExpressionEngine updates the member’s session cookies, the cookie created by this extension will also be created or updated. Meaning it will expire the same time as EE created cookies and member’s already logged in before this extension was activitated will get the additional cookie.
- v1.0.0 Used the extension hook “member_member_login_start”. This meant that a user already logged in before the extension was activated, would not get the nametags cookie – and would not get the cookie till they actually logged in again. In addition, the cookie created by this extension would expire before the cookie which keeps the member logged in.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.